Thursday, November 26, 2009

Not so bad after all... who knew???

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, we hope you all had a fabulous holiday.
To be honest I was really nervous that today wouldn't go well. This side of our family is notorious for their "bar room brawling" type of mentality.

Tends to make for touchy family gatherings.

But today went way better than I had ever anticipated. There was one family member who showed up as dinner was finishing up and attempted to start an argument at the dinner table over the fact that there was no more pumpkin pie (seriously).
After a very short time he was asked to leave which he did... whew.

Other than that it was really pretty uneventful. Everyone worked together (woohoo) to make a nice holiday dinner for a house full, and I do mean full. There had to be thirty people there!

So, the sheriff's department got the night off, and we had a really nice dinner. The kids ran around being crazy and having fun and the adults got to spend time together for once in some peace.

You have NO idea how thankful I am for that!

p.s. I did get some cute pictures of our day, I'll post those when I get them off my camera.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that everything went well and no real troubles on your day. Great news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it was uneventful, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm still really in shock that it went so well. We had a great day!

    ReplyDelete